Mitochondria and metabolites
Mitochondria are dynamic organelles important in mediating cell and tissue homeostasis. In this track, we will hear exciting new updates on the role of mitochondria beyond energy production in metabolism, ion homeostasis, and determination of the fate of cells and tissues by metabolites and their transporters.
Keywords: NAD, metabolite and ion transporters, sirtuins, mitochondria, metabolism.
Who should attend: students, postdocs and anyone interested in mitochondria, metabolism, and health.
Theme song: “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
This track is powered by mitochondria.
- Modulating de novo NAD synthesis — Johan Auwerx, École Polytech Fédérale de Lausanne
- NAD homeostasis and compartmentation — Joseph A. Baur, University of Pennsylvania
- Chromatin regulation and genome maintenance by mammalian SIRT6 and SIRT7 — Katrin F. Chua, Stanford University
- Metabolic competition in the tumor microenvironment — Marcia Haigis, Harvard Medical School
- Glutamine transporter as a target of mTOR signaling modulating longevity — John Sedivy, Brown University
- Neuroprotection through control of mitochondrial pyruvate transport — Anne Murphy, Cytokinetics Inc.
- Local and systemic actions of hepatic fatty acid oxidation — Michael Wolfgang, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Physiopathological roles of the mitochondrial calcium uniporter — Anna Raffaello, University of Padova
- Microbiome catabolites as novel modulators of cellular glucose and energy metabolism — Gary Williamson, Monash University
- Metabolic modulation of cardiac health: The role of glucose and amino acids — Rong Tian, University of Washington
- Control of macrophage activation by coenzyme A — Ajit Divakaruni, University of California, Los Angeles
- Mechanisms of metabolite control over adipose tissue function — Edward Chouchani, Harvard University
Enjoy reading ASBMB Today?
Become a member to receive the print edition monthly and the digital edition weekly.Learn more
from the ASBMB career center
Get the latest from ASBMB Today
Enter your email address, and we’ll send you a weekly email with recent articles, interviews and more.
The 2022 ASBMB Annual Meeting in April offers a collection of programming to meet a variety of needs for members of all career stages and interests.
Here is some advice to build your confidence and help you set up your students for success at this special event at the ASBMB annual meeting.
Happening this week: Cryo-EM webinar for ASBMB members; NIH workshop on technology to improve maternal health; and a FASEB Catalyst Conference on matricellular proteins in respiratory-tract immunomodulation and infection.