We're accepting submissions
Write for ASBMB Today, the award-winning member magazine of the ASBMB, and reach readers from the biochemistry and molecular biology community and beyond.Submit to ASBMB Today
Overview of ASBMB Today
About our content
The magazine publishes:
- News and commentary on budgetary and legislative issues.
- Profiles of emerging and established scientists.
- Investigative reports on scientific controversies.
- Articles about recent trends in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Reports about new research projects and findings.
- Personal essays by scientists and science students.
- Instructional, opinion and advice articles about education, diversity in science and professional development.
About our readers
The vast majority of our print subscribers are academic research scientists. In addition, our online readership includes students, science communications specialists, policymakers, educators and members of the public who are interested in biomedical research. We estimate that three-fourths of our online readers are not ASBMB members. Writers should write for scientifically literate readers but not necessarily practicing scientists — and certainly not specialists.
- Use simple, declarative sentences. Do not use passive or complicated constructions.
- Avoid jargon.
- Avoid excessive use of acronyms.
- Introduce new concepts one at a time and in bite-size nuggets.
- Numbers can be numbing. Use them judiciously.
- Include visuals that help tell your story.
- Use analogies and examples to show rather than tell.
- Communicate the relevance to those in other unrelated fields.
- Writing for ASBMB Today is a voluntary endeavor. We will repay you with kindness, good humor and reprints upon request.