ASBMB Twitter chats
Monthly Twitter chats with @ASBMB
Thursday, July 29 at 2 p.m. Eastern
When the world reopens after COVID-19, it will be a different place. Now is a good time to reimagine ways the scientific enterprise could be more sensible and just. The June/July issue of ASBMB Today will be dedicated to ideas for how to do that. Think about the systems around you. Can they be improved? Should they be replaced? Follow along and share your ideas with #ASBMBReimagining.
Here are a few reimagining articles from the ASBMB Today archives:
- Reimagining academic leadership by By Beronda L. Montgomery and Joseph A. Whittaker
- The STEM Academy: A necessary remedy to med school tunnel vision by Brian O'Flynn
- Alternatives to animals by Lisa Learman
- Rewarding curiosity by Daniel Dries
- In a constant state of flux by Shraddha Nayak
- We need to make scientific papers understandable for nonscientists by Elisabeth Marnik
- Putting body weight in context by Robert Rosencrans
- Building a scientific community one meme at a time by Karen K. Resendes
The August issue of ASBMB Today traditionally focuses on careers and training. In this chat, we’ll talk about how career journeys have been rerouted by more than a year of pandemic shutdown. Follow along and share your thoughts and experiences with #ASBMBCareers.
Here are some useful and informative career articles from our August 2020 issue: