ASBMB Twitter chats
Monthly Twitter chats with @ASBMB
Hispanic Heritage Month
Thursday, Oct. 7 at 3 p.m. Eastern
To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, this Twitter chat will highlight those who are involved in science outreach efforts for the LatinX community and who are communicating science in Spanish. We’ll ask our panelists and audience about the gaps in and barriers to communicating science in languages other than English. And we’ll ask how we can fill and overcome them. Join the ASBMB's Science Outreach and Communication Committee and Minority Affairs Committee and share your experiences, challenges, victories and resources. #MultilingualinBMB #Latinx #ComunicaCiencia.
- Daniel Bastardo Blanco, @dbastardo27, global liaison specialist on St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's medical content outreach team
- Micaela Cipriani, @bioquimicauy, clinical biochemist, science communicator and teacher at Universidad de la República in Uruguay
- Adela Cota-Gomez, @adelacgomez1, assistant director of education administration at Colorado Cancer Center and member of the ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee.
- Carlos F. Lopez, @ceelox4, associate professor at Vanderbilt University and member of the ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee.
- Valentina Olivera Pasillo, @valenolipas, Ph.D. candidate at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Ricardo Couto Rodriguez, @RicardoCouto92, archaea researcher at University of Florida's department of microbiology and cell science.
- Quira Zeidan Rodriguez, @quirazeidan, faculty in the biotechnology program at Johns Hopkins University.
- Ana Inés Zambrana, @zanaines, Ph.D. researcher at Universidad de la República in Uruguay and member of the ASBMB Science Outreach and Communication Committee.