Transferable skills for industry
Convince hiring managers of your value by highlighting your experience working in teams, meeting deadlines, communicating clearly and using technology.
One spring 2020 report found that 38% of students at four-year universities were food-insecure in the previous 30 days.
New: Catalyst Conversation "Constructing narratives for teaching science," a $35,000 outreach grant from ASCB, a webinar on mentoring URM trainees and more.
Careers columnist Martina G. Efeyini talked to NHLBI staffer Nicholas Jury about his career path.
Coming up this month: Lipids research talks, cancer–testis webinar, L'Oréal fellowship deadline and PALM Network fellowship deadline.
With the ASBMB's new career center, you can browse jobs, post positions, have your resume critiqued and more.
- Search for jobs.
- Sign up for job alerts.
- Get your résumé evaluated for formatting, keywords, ATS compatibility and more.
- Get in touch with a career coach.
- Get tips on résumé writing, interview skills and networking.
- Create standard job postings for free (regular and industry members of the ASBMB).
- Choose from a variety of advertising packages to get job openings in front of the right candidates.
- Search a bank of candidate-uploaded résumé.
- Build a searchable profile to showcase your company or institution.
- Access and tailor templates for corresponding with job candidates.
Professional development opportunities
Navigating career development and building resilience in times of unrest
Nov. 16, 18 & 20, 2020
This three-day virtual conference provided direct access to scientists in various roles and job sectors who shared their career journeys and advice for those who wish to pursue similar careers.
An archive of recorded sessions including scientific presentations and discussions on topics related to career development, education, funding and advocacy. More
From building your online brand to dressing professionally, these short videos will help set you on the path to career success. More