The midcareer move
After making it in academia, why would a tenured professor choose to seek a leadership role in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry? What challenges might someone making this change encounter along the way?
Careers columnist Martina G. Efeyini talked to Kerisha Bowen about how she transitioned from organic chemist to patent agent.
What's happening this week: Deadline for grants for students with disabilities and seminar on phosphoinositide lipids.
Whether you're new to the field or trying to do a better job of staying up to date, these tools and techniques will help.
Maybe it’s on a door at your own institution.
With the ASBMB's new career center, you can browse jobs, post positions, have your resume critiqued and more.
- Search for jobs.
- Sign up for job alerts.
- Get your résumé evaluated for formatting, keywords, ATS compatibility and more.
- Get in touch with a career coach.
- Get tips on résumé writing, interview skills and networking.
- Create standard job postings for free (regular and industry members of the ASBMB).
- Choose from a variety of advertising packages to get job openings in front of the right candidates.
- Search a bank of candidate-uploaded résumé.
- Build a searchable profile to showcase your company or institution.
- Access and tailor templates for corresponding with job candidates.
Professional development opportunities
Navigating career development and building resilience in times of unrest
Nov. 16, 18 & 20, 2020
This three-day virtual conference provided direct access to scientists in various roles and job sectors who shared their career journeys and advice for those who wish to pursue similar careers.
An archive of recorded sessions including scientific presentations and discussions on topics related to career development, education, funding and advocacy. More
From building your online brand to dressing professionally, these short videos will help set you on the path to career success. More