So you wanna be in science communication?
The managing editor of BioBuzz writes about her career path, day-to-day work and advice for newcomers.
This question doesn’t really have a one-size-fits-all answer.
Just added: Lots of deadlines for undergraduates! Plus, the early-bird deadline for #DiscoverBMB registration is fast approaching.
Proportion of those who transfer falls even lower, due to lack of advising, lost credits, complex processes.
If you’re thinking of leaving academia and worry that means you have to give up teaching, it doesn’t!
With the ASBMB's new career center, you can browse jobs, post positions, have your resume critiqued and more.
- Search for jobs.
- Sign up for job alerts.
- Upload your résumé and get it evaluated for formatting, keywords, ATS compatibility and more.
- Get in touch with a career coach.
- Get tips on résumé writing, interview skills and networking.
- Create standard job postings for free (regular and industry members of the ASBMB).
- Choose from a variety of advertising packages to get job openings in front of the right candidates.
- Search a bank of candidate-uploaded résumé.
- Build a searchable profile to showcase your company or institution.
- Access and tailor templates for corresponding with job candidates.
Professional development opportunities
Best practices for developing and implementing lab manuals
This webinar will help lab leaders zero in on their leadership style and explore the multifaceted nature of lab manuals.
See our archive of recorded sessions including scientific presentations and discussions on topics related to career development, education, funding and advocacy. More
From building your online brand to dressing professionally, these short videos will help set you on the path to career success. More