A career at a primarily undergraduate institution
“It’s a different job than working at a large research institution, but it’s not an easier job,” John Tansey explains.
The ASBMB’s Women in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Committee has big plans for Discover BMB 2023.
As in past years, the MAC reception at #DiscoverBMB will offer good science, good food and good company.
The ASBMB’s editorial team will hold a workshop at #DiscoverBMB to help you prepare, revise and share your work with the world.
Join us for a #DiscoverBMB chat and get answers to your questions about abstracts, travel awards and the annual ASBMB Undergraduate Poster Competition. Also note that the deadline for fellows nominations has been extended.
With the ASBMB's new career center, you can browse jobs, post positions, have your resume critiqued and more.
- Search for jobs.
- Sign up for job alerts.
- Upload your résumé and get it evaluated for formatting, keywords, ATS compatibility and more.
- Get in touch with a career coach.
- Get tips on résumé writing, interview skills and networking.
- Create standard job postings for free (regular and industry members of the ASBMB).
- Choose from a variety of advertising packages to get job openings in front of the right candidates.
- Search a bank of candidate-uploaded résumé.
- Build a searchable profile to showcase your company or institution.
- Access and tailor templates for corresponding with job candidates.
Professional development opportunities
Inside look: Becoming an early-career reviewer at the NIH
This webinar features the ins and outs of the Early Career Reviewer Program at the National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review, which gives emerging investigators an inside look at the scientific peer-review process. Elyse Schauwecker, a scientific review officer at CSR, talks about the benefits of participating, eligibility, the application process and recent changes.
See our archive of recorded sessions including scientific presentations and discussions on topics related to career development, education, funding and advocacy. More
From building your online brand to dressing professionally, these short videos will help set you on the path to career success. More