National Postdoc Appreciation Week is Sept. 16–20 — a time to celebrate postdocs and their immeasurable contributions to the scientific community.
Here’s what we have planned at the ASBMB:
- Membership deals for new and existing early-career members
- Daily coffee breaks: Join us on Twitter at 1 p.m. for the chance to win a cup of coffee on us!
- Thank-you shout-outs: Email us with photos and a message for your postdocs. We’ll share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- Webinar on Sept. 17: Learn more on the ASBMB webinars page.
- Twitter chat on Sept. 19 (use #ASBMBLovesPostdocs)
Thank you and happy National Postdoc Appreciation Week!
With love from the ASBMB
13 ways to thank postdocs
- Appreciation dinner (University of California, Davis)
- Pet-a-dog happiness therapy and juice bar (Stanford University)
- Postdoc research symposium and awards (University of Wisconsin−Madison)
- Yoga and Zumba(University of Michigan)
- Cookout (University of North Carolina)
- Trivia (Van Andel Institute)
- Ice cream social (National Institutes of Health)
- Photo booth for professional headshots (NIH)
- Donut social (NIH)
- Pizza party and networking (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Barbecue and bake-off (University of Manchester)
- Health screenings (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Career counseling and professional development (American Association for Cancer Research)
Special thanks to all those who responded on Twitter for contributing to the list above.
Join the ASBMB Today mailing list
Sign up to get updates on articles, interviews and events.
Starting in eighth grade, a series of mentors who saw something special in Sharifa Love–Rutledge helped her stay on the path to being a researcher — and becoming a mentor to others.
Honorees include ASBMB members Joann Trejo, James Olzmann, Steven Farber, Sue Wickner and Bernard Moss.
Brandon Roy encourages other scientists to teach students in Nicaragua through the Outreach 360 program
Spurred to research by a program for undergrads from underrepresented groups, Claudio Villanueva pays it forward.