National Postdoc Appreciation Week is Sept. 16–20 — a time to celebrate postdocs and their immeasurable contributions to the scientific community.
Here’s what we have planned at the ASBMB:
- Membership deals for new and existing early-career members
- Daily coffee breaks: Join us on Twitter at 1 p.m. for the chance to win a cup of coffee on us!
- Thank-you shout-outs: Email us with photos and a message for your postdocs. We’ll share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- Webinar on Sept. 17: Learn more on the ASBMB webinars page.
- Twitter chat on Sept. 19 (use #ASBMBLovesPostdocs)
Thank you and happy National Postdoc Appreciation Week!
With love from the ASBMB
13 ways to thank postdocs
- Appreciation dinner (University of California, Davis)
- Pet-a-dog happiness therapy and juice bar (Stanford University)
- Postdoc research symposium and awards (University of Wisconsin−Madison)
- Yoga and Zumba(University of Michigan)
- Cookout (University of North Carolina)
- Trivia (Van Andel Institute)
- Ice cream social (National Institutes of Health)
- Photo booth for professional headshots (NIH)
- Donut social (NIH)
- Pizza party and networking (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Barbecue and bake-off (University of Manchester)
- Health screenings (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Career counseling and professional development (American Association for Cancer Research)
Special thanks to all those who responded on Twitter for contributing to the list above.
Enjoy reading ASBMB Today?
Become a member to receive the print edition monthly and the digital edition weekly.Learn more
Get the latest from ASBMB Today
Enter your email address, and we’ll send you a weekly email with recent articles, interviews and more.
The fourth cohort of the ASBMB ATP will learn how to advocate for science policy this summer.