ASBMB's new career center offers more than just jobs
When the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology rolled out its new website earlier this year, it came with an improved career center that has many special features. We want to be sure that both job seekers and employers are aware of those offerings, so here's a brief overview.
Features for job seekers
- Create a profile and set up real-time alerts to find out about jobs in your areas of interest as soon as they become available.
- Search available positions.
- Get a free résumé critique.
- Use a résumé template.
- Get in touch with a career coach.
- Upload a résumé to make it available to employers searching for candidates.
Features for employers
- Standard job postings are free for regular and industry members of the ASBMB.
- Search a bank of candidate-uploaded résumés.
- Build a searchable profile to showcase your company or institution's features and benefits.
- Access and tailor templates for corresponding with job candidates, colleagues and others.
- Choose from a variety of advertising packages to get job openings in front of the right candidates.
from the ASBMB career center
Join the ASBMB Today mailing list
Sign up to get updates on articles, interviews and events.
Our academic careers columnist begins a two-part series on unspoken rules and other things students need to know but are rarely told about grad school.
Happening soon: Abstract deadline for ASBMB nucleolus meeting and a Lipid Research Division seminar. Just added: Webinar about NIH funding opportunities, submissions sought for pd|hub Collections and SACNAS diversity meeting.