The distinction of ASBMB Fellow is bestowed on members with a history of exceptional and sustained service to the society, as well as a distinguished record of professional accomplishment to advance molecular life sciences in areas such as basic and translational research, application and commercialization, education, outreach, diversity and inclusion, mentorship, leadership and/or public service.
Fellows will be congratulated in ASBMB Today, honored collectively at the ASBMB annual meeting during the president’s plenary address and individually at a special event, and recognized as society ambassadors at ASBMB-sponsored activities.
Nomination of ASBMB Fellows
The society welcomes nominations of members for the distinction of ASBMB Fellow from diverse backgrounds and in all areas of the molecular life sciences, ranging from academia, government and industry, including education, advocacy and outreach, with interests from basic research to product development. The key criteria for selection as an ASBMB Fellow include a record of sustained, active involvement and impactful service to the society, as well as significant professional accomplishments in the molecular life sciences.
The nomination consists of a single letter that must emphasize two aspects of the candidate’s career. First, the letter must provide a clear and specific description of the candidate's sustained and significant contributions to the ASBMB. Second, the letter must highlight the candidate's most significant contributions to the molecular life sciences. Both elements must be addressed for favorable consideration of nominees as ASBMB Fellows.
All nominees are expected to satisfy the standards of the ASBMB Code of Conduct.
- Must be an active Regular, Industry, Emeritus or Affiliate member of the ASBMB.
- Must have a history of sustained, active involvement and substantial, impactful service to the ASBMB.
- Must have a record of significant professional accomplishments in the molecular life sciences.
- Members of the ASBMB Membership Committee are ineligible to be nominated to be ASBMB Fellows during their terms.
- Must be an active Regular, Industry, Emeritus, Affiliate member or an ASBMB Fellow.
- Self-nominations are allowed.
How nominations are reviewed
Nominators can submit questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.