What the ASBMB offers
Exclusive member benefits
- Discounted registration for ASBMB events — save up to 50% off the annual meeting.
- Effective January 2021, the ASBMB’s three prestigious research journals — the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Lipid Research and Molecular & Cellular Proteomics — are open access. Regular and industry members receive a $500 discount on the article processing fee.
- Reduced subscription rates for non-ASBMB journals.
- Discounted registration for the Art of Science Communication online course.
- Free posting to the ASBMB job board (regular and industry members only).
Members can apply for:
- Annual awards for all career stages.
- Awards for undergraduate research and outreach.
- Student Chapter awards.
Members enjoy access to:
- The ASBMB member directory.
- The full archive of ASBMB professional development webinars.
- The opportunity to apply for the Advocacy Training Program.
- The chance to organize an ASBMB virtual event, conference or networking event.
Prices are for one calendar year of membership (January–December).
Scroll up to learn about the benefits of being an ASBMB member.
Available to anyone with a doctoral degree who has published at least one paper pertaining to biochemistry or molecular biology in a refereed journal. Regular members may hold elective office, endorse new members and sponsor nonmembers at the society's annual meeting.
Available to anyone who works in industry, biotech or other fields related to the molecular life sciences with a degree (associates or above) in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field. Industry members have the same privileges as regular members.
Available to postdoctoral fellows (or equivalent) or early-career scientists. Early-career status is limited to 10 years unless postdoctoral (or equivalent) appointment is reaffirmed by a mentor or faculty member. Eligible for regular membership once criteria are satisfied.
Available to those without a Ph.D. and who are not eligible for regular or early-career membership — typically educators at colleges or high schools, employees of government agencies or nongovernmental or nonprofit organizations, and members of the public with a strong interest in biochemistry and molecular biology.
Available to graduate students. Graduate membership is limited to five years. Eligible for early-career membership once criteria are satisfied.
Available to students enrolled in an undergraduate program at a 2-year community college or 4-year college or university.
Undergraduates should consider joining a student chapter to receive award and scholarship benefits.
Available to any ASBMB regular member who is a retiree and whose member dues are current. To apply for emeritus status, send the ASBMB an email stating your official retirement date and pay a one-time fee of $100. Emeritus members are entitled to all privileges of regular members but may not hold elective office.
Your member number is located on your member profile.
To access your member profile, log in with the email address and password you used to join the society. If you do not remember your password, click the "Forgot password?" link on the login page.
If you are still having problems logging in, send an email to email@example.com.