ASBMB members are driven to better understand what makes life work. With patience, perseverance and insatiable curiosity, and through collaboration and hard work, you seek to uncover the secrets of life.
Here are some ways you can get involved with the ASBMB community.
Share your stories and discoveries
- Publish your work in ASBMB journals — now open access.
Regular and Industry members receive a $500 discount on article processing costs.
- Share your experiences in the member magazine, ASBMB Today.
- Organize a workshop at the 2022 ASBMB Annual Meeting (Proposal deadline: Aug. 1)
Help shape the future of research
- Stay up to date on the latest policy developments affecting research.
- Use the ASBMB Advocacy Toolkit to learn how to communicate the value of science to legislators.
- Share your priorities and concerns with our team of policy experts, who advocate on your behalf at federal agencies, Congress and the White House.
- Support the ASBMB's work by making a donation.
East Carolina University
"The ASBMB provides a community of like-minded individuals driven by science. As a member of ASBMB, I truly enjoy reading ASBMB Today, performing service, attending the annual meeting, and reading/submitting research articles to the society's journals."
University of Kentucky College of Medicine
"Being involved in ASBMB is highly valuable for the educational and networking opportunities provided. The organization also provides ample service opportunities that make giving back to the community easy, engaging and fun!"
"Mentoring students and seeing them achieve their dreams is what I love about my job, and being a member of ASBMB affords me the opportunity to reach out to more students and postdocs."