ASBMB Conference Series
Those interested in organizing a conference should submit their completed proposal application at least 18 months prior to the proposed event date. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and organizers will be notified of a decision within 6–8 weeks. The ASBMB provides support in site selection, logistics management, conference website and marketing.
Proposal evaluation criteria
The ASBMB Meetings Committee reviews all applications. Below is a list of criteria to help guide your proposal preparation. Meeting the criteria listed below is not a guarantee of approval.
- Does the proposed conference provide a specific description of the aspects that the proposed topic will cover; including a clearly defined target audience?
- Does the proposed conference address a topic in an emerging area that is of interest to the ASBMB membership and larger scientific community?
- Are the sessions well balanced and logically planned to address critical topics in the area?
- Have the organizers provided a diversified list of potential invited speakers who can effectively address the proposed topic(s)?
- Will the speakers present new research?
- Does each session show a balance of invited speakers and slots reserved to program volunteered talks selected from submitted abstracts, as well as junior and under-represented scientists?
- Has the proposal identified a target fundraising goal along with a list of grants to apply for and sponsors?
Proposal submission instructions
- Minimum of two (2), maximum of three (3) organizers permitted.
- The primary organizer is the main point of contact for the ASBMB office.
- Conference organizers must be current ASBMB members in good standing.
- Organizer CVs must be included with the completed PDF application and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organizers of a previously run conference must complete/submit a new proposal application for each conference.
- Submission deadline: rolling basis
Any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Organizers will be notified of a decision within 6–8 weeks of submission.
- Upon approval of application, organizers will receive an agreement letter to sign along with a comprehensive set of guidelines that outlines the roles of the ASBMB and organizers throughout the planning process.
- The ASBMB will prepare a conference budget to cover costs related to the proposal solicitation, venue site preparation, speaker travel expenses and other costs associated with the conference.
- The ASBMB will set the registration fees in order to recover all expenses associated with the conference.
- The ASBMB will guide the planning process and provide full management services to include accounting, site selection, logistics (pre-planning and onsite), conference website, registration and abstract portals, marketing and communications.