Code of conduct
The ASBMB is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants at its meetings, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class.
We expect all ASBMB symposia participants and speakers to help ensure a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of an ASBMB meeting. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography
- Unwelcome and uninvited contact
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping)
- Real or implied threat of physical harm
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Inappropriate disruption of scientific sessions or other events
- Photographing slides of oral presentations and posters without the written permission of the presenter/author
- Recording of scientific and other sessions without the written permission of the presenter and the program administrator
If you witness or are the recipient of unacceptable behavior:
- Contact local authorities immediately to report the incident if the behavior is criminal in nature
- Promptly create a written detailed summary (as soon as you can) for future recall
- Share with an ASBMB staff member or email email@example.com
Information related to reported unacceptable behavior will be handled confidentially, discreetly and promptly. Complaints will be investigated by the ASBMB or a third party on their behalf.
Those who are in violation of the ASBMB’s code of conduct will be asked to immediately depart the meeting at their own expense.
Direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.