Grant application budgets 101
This introductory-level webinar focuses on preparing grant application budget proposals for federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health. The speakers, Paul Craig and Ann West, cover the nuts and bolts (including definition of key terms) of grant budgets, strategies for putting together a budget proposal, and making a budget justification that matches the scope of work of the project. A Q&A session follows the presentations.
This event was part of the ASBMB’s observance of National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
Director of education, professional development and outreach, ASBMB
Paul A. Craig
Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology
Professor, University of Oklahoma
Who should watch
- Postdoctoral researchers considering careers as faculty
- Early career faculty just starting their labs
- Describe what costs can or cannot be included in a grant budget
- Translate your scientific goals into budgetary needs
- Compare strategies to develop and justify your budget request