ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award
The application is now closed.
This $1,000 award supports undergraduate Student Chapter members’ summer research projects.
- Applicant must be a current ASBMB Student Chapter member.
- Applicant must conduct the proposed research project in the lab of an ASBMB member.
- Only one application may be submitted per lab. Note: Multiple applications from the same school may be submitted for consideration. However, the review committee strives to fund awards across as many institutions as possible. Therefore, it is unlikely that multiple applications from the same school will be awarded funding.
- Award money may be used only for reagents and supplies for the project. Award money may not be used for stipends.
- Award money will be sent to the research adviser to be deposited in an institutional account.
- Any unused funds must be returned to the ASBMB.
How to apply
Apply online using the link above. Be sure to provide your two references with the ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award reference form.
Download the ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award reference form.
At the end of the research period, each award recipient is required to submit an Undergraduate Research Award report. The Undergraduate Research Award Report can be downloaded here.