ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award
This $1,000 award supports undergraduate Student Chapter members’ summer research projects.
- Applicant must be a current ASBMB Student Chapter member.
- Applicant must conduct the proposed research project in the lab of an ASBMB member.
- Only one application may be submitted per lab. Note: Multiple applications from the same school may be submitted for consideration. However, the review committee strives to fund awards across as many institutions as possible. Therefore, it is unlikely that multiple applications from the same school will be awarded funding.
- Award money may be used only for reagents and supplies for the project. Award money may not be used for stipends.
- Award money will be sent to the research adviser to be deposited in an institutional account.
- Any unused funds must be returned to the ASBMB.
How to apply
Apply online using the link above. Be sure to provide your two references with the ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award reference form.
Download the ASBMB Undergraduate Research Award reference form.
At the end of the research period, each award recipient is required to submit an Undergraduate Research Award report. The Undergraduate Research Award Report can be downloaded here.
Read about past award winners
Anna Crysler, a recent Albion College graduate, won an ASBMB award for work that continued from her poster presentation at EB 2021.
“Being able to see a visual effect from something so tiny, realizing there’s so much we don’t see or understand yet and so much for us to learn, that’s what excited me.”
Student chapter members who received the 2018 Undergraduate Research Award describe their summer research projects. Topics include discovering key residues in Dib1, an essential splicing protein,...