“School’s out for summer” book club on gender equity
In the second installment of the ASBMB Women in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Committee book club focused on gender equity, ASBMB members discuss “The No Club: Putting a Stop to Women’s Dead-End Work” by Linda Babcock, Brenda Peyser, Lise Vesterlund and Laurie Weingart.
Consider purchasing the book from a local women-owned bookstore.
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Who should watch
- Women of all ages in STEM.
- Men who supervise women in the workplace.
- Anyone who wishes to be an ally to women in the workforce.
- People who are interested in promoting gender equity in the workplace.
- People from all career stages — come and learn with us!
- Women who are interested in strategies for their own professional development during their scientific careers either in the academy or in biotech and pharma.
- Even if you haven’t read the book, come and join us!