Forecasting the future: Setting yourself up with trustworthy data
Are you sure that the data you’re collecting today is as solid and secure as you’ll need it to be next week, month or year?
Join ASBMB Data Integrity Manager Kaoru Sakabe, researchers Chris Berndsen and Chris Ulens and librarian Jennifer Reiswig in a discussion on good data stewardship, moderated by JBC Scientific Editor Catherine Goodman.
Learn how to avoid common mistakes, discuss habits and workflows, and get your questions answered to ensure you are doing all you can to generate enduring and reproducible research for the scientific community.
Associate Professor, James Madison University
Biological Sciences Librarian, University of California, San Diego
Data Integrity Manager, ASBMB
Professor, Laboratory of Structural Neurobiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Who should watch
- Graduate students
- Staff scientists
- Principal investigators
- Anyone interested in proper data storage and management
- Defining data management
- Meeting journal and funding agency mandates for data management
- How to manage data with collaborators and when there is staff turnover
- How saving old data properly can reap scientific rewards
- How to create a culture of good data retention practices in your lab
- What you should look for in a data repository
Understand the reasons to have a good data management plan and to think about what those plans can look like.