Outstanding Chapter Award
The Outstanding Chapter Award recognizes Student Chapters that:
- Demonstrate leadership in their educational activities in the areas of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Exhibit exceptional commitment to increasing public scientific awareness.
- Demonstrate interaction with other campus activities and events.
- Participate in regional and national meetings.
The award is presented at the ASBMB annual meeting. The honored chapter will receive an $850 cash prize to support chapter activities, which may include student travel to the ASBMB annual meeting. The chapter’s faculty adviser will receive a $400 travel award to the ASBMB annual meeting.
- All active ASBMB Student Chapters are eligible for this award.
- Applicants must successfully submit an application by Feb. 15, 2020. Applications for this award are submitted through the same online application system as the ASBMB travel awards.
- The application may be submitted on behalf of the chapter by either the chapter’s faculty adviser or a student officer.
- No abstract submission is required for this application.
How to apply
The following information is required to complete the online application. Each section has a 2,500 character count maximum.
- Chapter-sponsored educational and career events (chapter meetings, workshops, seminars on campus, poster sessions or minisymposia) with dates, locations and attendance.
- University and community outreach activities with dates, locations and attendance.
- Social activities with dates, locations and attendance.
- Noteworthy accomplishments by the chapter or individual chapter members (research awards, research presentations and recognition of members’ achievements).
- Information about the chapter’s school: size, location, department information, number of majors, access to regional meetings and any constraints that affect the chapter.
Note: If the application includes photos, please review the photo policy and include applicable consent forms in your application.