Transforming undergraduate education in the molecular life sciences
July 27–30, 2023
Suffolk University, Boston
Join us for a small interactive education-focused ASBMB meeting to learn about engaging approaches to supporting students and faculty in biochemistry and molecular biology. Reconnect with peers, meet new colleagues and increase your network of education-minded professionals while exploring Boston.
Conference topics include:
- Leadership development
- Supporting mid-career and shifting careers
- Teaching in a diverse and equitable environment
Panel discussions will include Discipline-Based Education Research (DBER) and preparing students for jobs in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. Attendees will be able to participate in workshops with several education focused NSF-funded groups (CUREs, assessment, case-based learning, biomolecular visualization) to learn about their innovative projects and join their communities. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet with program directors from the NIH and NSF.
Anyone interested in education — postdocs, instructors and faculty — is welcome to attend.
Sign up for email updates about this conference
Registration and abstracts
- There is no onsite registration, all attendees must be registered prior to arriving at the conference.
- Registration for the conference is required at the time of abstract submission.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have questions.
All individuals traveling from outside of the United States should apply for a visa as soon as possible and at least four to five months prior to their date of travel.
- The most up-to-date information about traveling to the U.S. can be found at the U.S. State Department website.
- Scientists visiting the U.S. may find helpful information at the National Academies of Sciences website.
- Find visa appointment wait times here.
Please do not wait until you receive your registration confirmation before applying for a visa. We encourage you to apply for your visa right away if you are considering attending to avoid delays and longer than anticipated wait times.
All visitors traveling to the U.S. from visa waiver countries must meet all requirements of the program. Find more information on the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and a list of visa waiver countries.