2022 ASBMB Annual Meeting
Annual meeting travel awards
Application deadline: Dec. 6, 5 p.m. Eastern. Apply now
The ASBMB offers more than $270,000 in awards to assist first authors presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting.
- Dependent Care Grant
- Early Career Faculty Award
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award
- Graduate Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award supported by the ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee
- Student Chapters Award
- Undergraduate Faculty Award
Requirements to apply
- ASBMB membership, active members in good standing. Processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2022.
- An abstract submission, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the 5 p.m. EST, Nov. 30, 2021 deadline.
General application criteria
- Award application deadline: 5 p.m. EST, Dec. 6, 2021 (award application deadline will not be extended).
- One application permitted per applicant.
- The submitter and the applicant must be the same individual. Advisors should not submit on behalf of a student/trainee.
- All application requirements, criteria, award reporting and/or required event participation are the applicant's responsibility. Failure to fulfill all requirements of the award is grounds for award forfeiture.
- The ASBMB does not provide evaluation feedback of individual applications. All award decisions are final.
- All communication regarding ASBMB award and dependent care grant applications will be sent to the email address associated with the applicant's ASBMB member profile.
- To ensure receipt of related communications, do not block messages from the asbmb.org and mirasmart.com domains.
- Check your junk/spam filters for related communications before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Forward your application confirmation email with all inquiries. Email inquiries will be responded to as quickly as possible.
- Upon submission of a completed application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the email confirmation, check your spam and junk folders. Log back into the submission site to confirm all questions have been answered and all required documents have been successfully uploaded. If you still have questions, contact email@example.com.
- If you "Save and exit" during the submission process, the application is incomplete and must be completed by the application deadline. An email is sent noting that items are missing.
- The system allows editing of an award application until 5 p.m. EST (17:00) on Dec. 6, 2021.
- Award decisions will be communicated on Feb. 7, 2022. This date is subject to change.
- The ASBMB does not provide application evaluation feedback.
- ALL award decisions are final.