ASBMB Honor Society
The ASBMB Honor Society (ΧΩΛ) recognizes exceptional undergraduate juniors and seniors pursuing a degree in the molecular life sciences at a college or university that is a member of the ASBMB Student Chapters. Students are recognized for their scholarly achievement, research accomplishments, and outreach activities in the molecular life sciences.
Nomination Process and Materials
To be eligible, undergraduate nominees must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Nominees must be members of the ASBMB Student Chapters
- Nominees must be junior or senior standing with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- Nominees must demonstrate exceptional achievement in all of the following areas: academics, undergraduate research, and science outreach
Nomination materials may be submitted by either a faculty member of the ASBMB or by the student member. Nomination materials include:
- ASBMB Honor Society application form
- ASBMB faculty reference form (1 form completed for each reference)
- A copy of an official/unofficial transcript indicating science courses taken and GPA
- Two reference letters. These letters should address the student's research, outreach activities, and his/her academic achievements. Advisers wishing to submit a confidential letter of support may submit it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for 2016 have closed. Nominations for 2017 will open in November 2016.
Election into the Honor Society
Upon election into ΧΩΛ, the student should be prepared to submit a high resolution photo for publication on the ASBMB website. The student will also be recognized during the ASBMB Exemplary Contributions to Education Award Lecture at the 2016 ASBMB annual meeting. Those unable to attend the 2016 annual meeting will be sent an official certificate and ΧΩΛ lapel pin.
Honor Society Graduation Cords
Honor Society inductees may purchase graduation cords from the ASBMB directly for $10 each. The check may be written out to ASBMB. Please mail payment to the attention of the Education Department at ASBMB, 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 302, Rockville, MD 20852.
2016 Honor Society inductees
2015 Honor Society inductees