ASBMB virtual events code of conduct
The ASBMB is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants at its meetings, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class.
We expect all ASBMB virtual meeting and event participants and speakers to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform, Zoom.
Reporting Harassment to the ASBMB: Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to ASBMB staff at email@example.com.
Consequences of misconduct may include:
- Immediate removal from meeting or event without warning.
- Restrictions from future ASBMB meetings and events.
- Termination of ASBMB membership or positions on ASBMB Boards or Committees.