Student Chapter Travel Award
Each Student Chapter Travel Award provides up to $500 to support a designated chapter member to present their research at the ASBMB annual meeting. All travel awards are funded on a reimbursable basis.
- This award is designated at the discretion of the chapter faculty advisor.
- Each chapter may designate one travel awardee if it has five or more members. Chapters with 20 or more members may designate two travel award recipients.
An undergraduate student, designated by the student chapter's faculty advisor as the chapter's travel award recipient, must complete an online application by Nov. 27, 2019, 5 p.m. EST.
- The undergraduate student must be a member of an active chapter that has paid its 2019–2020 chapter dues.
- Each travel award recipient must submit his/her poster abstract as first author to an ASBMB designated topic by the Nov. 14, 2019, deadline. Late-breaking abstracts are not eligible.
- Applicant must not have received this award in 2019.
- Failure to attend the meeting and participate in the required events, detailed below, will disqualify a student from receiving the travel award.
- Attend the ASBMB annual meeting orientation for undergraduates, April 4.
- Participate in the ASBMB Undergraduate Poster Competition, April 4 (separate registration required).
- Present during the Experimental Biology general poster sessions, Apr. 5–7.
- Complete the ASBMB annual meeting Student Chapters survey.
How to apply/Supporting documentation
Student designate (not the advisor) must login with student's ASBMB member email and password to complete the application. If you have not been designated by your chapter's faculty advisor as the recipient, do not apply using this system.
Supporting documents required for upload during the online application process:
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB designated topic. Please print and upload the copy from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system, as a PDF file.