Early Career Faculty Travel Award
The Early Career Faculty Travel Award will be awarded competitively to assist early-career faculty members presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting, held in conjunction with Experimental Biology.
Awarded applicants will be reimbursed for qualifying travel expenses up to a maximum of $500. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB Early Career or Regular membership, active members in good standing (processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission).
- Applicants must be pre-tenure in a tenure-track assistant professor position.
- Abstract, successfully submitted, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Nov. 14, 2019 deadline.
- Faculty applicants must be the first author of the abstract associated with the travel award application and unique from any abstract(s) submitted by students.
- Applicant must not have received this award in 2019.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the following activities. Failure to attend the events listed below will result in forfeiture of the travel award.
- Presentation of submitted abstract during the main EB meeting. Abstract programming notifications will include the presentation schedule and format, sent approx. late-Jan.
How to apply/supporting documents
Supporting documents must be uploaded as PDF files. Review the travel award instructions for information on formatting and labeling supporting documents.
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB topic. Please print and upload the copy from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system.
- Research summary — a one-page project summary that focuses on the research goals of your laboratory.
- Meeting attendance objectives — a one to two page statement explaining your objectives for attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution.
- Resume or abbreviated curriculum vitae, two–three pages approximately.