2020 ASBMB Annual Meeting
Annual meeting travel awards
The ASBMB will award over $275,000 through its travel awards program to assist first authors presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting.
2020 ASBMB Travel Award Categories
- Child Care Grant
- Early Career Faculty Travel Award
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Travel Award
- Graduate Student Travel Award supported by the ASBMB Minority Affairs Committee
- Student Chapter Travel Award (Undergraduate Student Chapter designate)
- Undergraduate Faculty Travel Award
Requirements to apply
- ASBMB membership, active members in good standing. Processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission. Dues must be paid in full for the dues year January–December 2020.
- An abstract submission, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Nov. 14 deadline.
General application criteria
- Travel award application deadline: 5 p.m. EST, Nov. 27 (Travel award application deadline will not be extended.)
- Recipients of 2019 travel awards are not eligible to apply/be considered for the same award in 2020 (concurrent years).
- One application permitted per applicant.
- The submitter and the applicant must be the same individual. Advisors should not submit on behalf of a student/trainee.
- All application requirements, criteria, award reporting and/or required event participation are the applicant's responsibility. Failure to fulfill all requirements of the award is grounds for award forfeiture.
- ASBMB does not provide evaluation feedback of individual applications. All award decisions are final.
- Travel award application decision notification emails will be sent from the ASBMB office by Jan. 31, 2020.
- All communication regarding ASBMB travel award and child care grant applications will be sent via the email address associated with the applicant's ASBMB member profile.
- To ensure receipt of related communications, do not block messages from the asbmb.org and mirasmart.com domains.
- Check your junk/spam filters for related communications before contacting email@example.com. Forward your application confirmation email with all inquiries. Email inquiries are responded to as quickly as possible.
- Upon submission of a completed ASBMB travel award or child care grant application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the email submission confirmation, check your spam and junk folders. Log back into the submission site to confirm all questions have been answered and all required documents have been successfully uploaded. If you still have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you "Save and exit" during the submission process, the application is incomplete and must be completed by the application deadline. An email is sent noting that items are missing.
- The system allows editing of a travel award application until 5 p.m., EST (17:00) on the travel award application deadline date.
- Award decisions will be communicated no later than Jan. 31. This date is subject to change.
- ASBMB does not provide application evaluation feedback.
- ALL award decisions are final.