Undergraduate Faculty Award
The Undergraduate Faculty Award will be awarded competitively to assist undergraduate faculty members presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting, held in conjunction with Experimental Biology.
Awarded applicants will receive a waiver of the meeting registration fee. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB membership, active members in good standing (processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission).
- Abstract, successfully submitted, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Jan. 7, 2021, deadline.
- Faculty applicants (assistant/associate/full professor/adjunct faculty) must be the first author of the abstract associated with the travel award application and unique from any abstract(s) submitted by students.
- No more than two awards will be given to a single lab.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the Annual Meeting, to present submitted abstract on virtual platform based on scheduled format (poster or oral) and respond to attendee Q&A during assigned programming time. Abstract programming notification will include the presentation schedule and format requirements. Failure to meet requirements will result in forfeiture of the award.
How to apply/supporting documents
Supporting documents must be uploaded as PDF files. Review the award instructions for information on formatting and labeling supporting documents.
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB designated topic. You must print and upload a copy of your abstract from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system with your award application.
- Course list and student demographics — a one to two page statement which provides a brief description of classes taught and information on student demographics at your institution.
- Meeting attendance objectives — a one to two page statement explaining your objectives for attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution.
- Résumé or abbreviated curriculum vitae (two–three pages approximately).