Student Chapters Award
Each Student Chapter Award waives the registration fee to support a designated chapter member to present their research at the ASBMB annual meeting. Awarded applicants will receive a waiver of the meeting registration fee.
- This award is designated at the discretion of the chapter faculty advisor.
- Each chapter may designate one awardee if it has five or more members. Chapters with 20 or more members may designate two award recipients.
An undergraduate student, designated by the student chapter's faculty advisor as the chapter's travel award recipient, must complete an online application by Jan. 14, 2021, 5 p.m. EST.
- The undergraduate student must be a member of an active chapter that has paid its 2021 chapter dues.
- Abstract, successfully submitted, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Jan. 7, 2021, deadline.
- Failure to attend the meeting and participate in the required events, detailed below, will disqualify a student from receiving the award.
- Attend the ASBMB annual meeting orientation for undergraduates.
- Participate in the ASBMB Undergraduate Poster Competition (separate registration required).
- Present during the Experimental Biology general poster sessions, Apr. 27–30.
- Complete the ASBMB annual meeting Student Chapters survey.
How to apply/Supporting documentation
Student designate (not the advisor) must login with student's ASBMB member email and password to complete the application. If you have not been designated by your chapter's faculty advisor as the recipient, do not apply using this system.
Supporting documents required for upload during the online application process:
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB designated topic. Please print and upload the copy from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system, as a PDF file.