Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award
The Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Researcher Award will be awarded competitively to assist members presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting, held in conjunction with Experimental Biology.
Awarded applicants will receive a waiver of the meeting registration fee. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB membership, active members in good standing (processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission.)
- Abstract, successfully submitted, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Jan. 7, 2021.
- No more than two awards will be given to a single lab.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the Annual Meeting, to present submitted abstract on virtual platform based on scheduled format (poster or oral) and respond to attendee Q&A during assigned programming time. Abstract programming notification will include the presentation schedule and format. Failure to meet requirements will result in forfeiture of the award.
How to apply/supporting documents
Supporting documents must be uploaded as PDF files. Review the award instructions for information on formatting and labeling supporting documents.
- Statement — 500 words describing your career goals and why attending EB2021 will be beneficial to you.
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB topic. You must print and upload a copy of your abstract from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system with your award application.
- Letter of recommendation from your current advisor — letter must be submitted with other documents at the time of application (see Note to advisor, below).
- Résumé or abbreviated curriculum vitae (two–three pages approximately).
Note to advisor
Applicant — share the following with your current research adviser, well in advance of submitting an application.
A letter of recommendation is required from each applicant's current research advisor and must be uploaded at the time of application submission. Address the letter of support to "The ASBMB Award Review Committee." The letter must be on institution letterhead and include the advisor's signature.
The letter of recommendation should address each of the following:
- How meeting attendance will benefit applicant's professional development
- Applicant's need for financial assistance to attend meeting
- Scientific merit of applicant's work