Early-Career Faculty Award
The Early-Career Faculty Award will be awarded competitively to assist early-career faculty members presenting research at the ASBMB annual meeting, held in conjunction with Experimental Biology.
Awarded applicants will receive a waiver of the meeting registration fee. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- ASBMB Early-career or Regular membership, active members in good standing (processing of renewals payments and/or new membership applications must be completed a minimum of two business days prior to application submission).
- Applicants must be pre-tenure in a tenure-track assistant professor position.
- Abstract, successfully submitted, as first author, to an ASBMB designated topic by the Jan. 7, 2021 deadline.
- Faculty applicants must be the first author of the abstract associated with the award application and unique from any abstract(s) submitted by students.
Award recipients are required to participate fully in the Annual Meeting, to present submitted abstract on virtual platform based on scheduled format (poster or oral), and respond to attendee Q&A during assigned programming time. Abstract programming notification will include the presentation schedule and format requirements. Failure to meet requirements will result in forfeiture of the award.
How to apply/supporting documents
Supporting documents must be uploaded as PDF files. Review the award instructions for information on formatting and labeling supporting documents.
- Abstract — copy of abstract submitted as first/presenting author to an ASBMB topic. You must print and upload a copy of your abstract from the "proof read" step in the abstract submission system with your award application.
- Research summary — a one-page project summary that focuses on the research goals of your laboratory.
- Meeting attendance objectives — a one to two page statement explaining your objectives for attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution.
- Résumé or abbreviated curriculum vitae, two–three pages approximately.