Outstanding Chapter Award
The Outstanding Chapter Award recognizes chapters that:
- Demonstrate leadership in their educational activities in the areas of biochemistry and molecular biology
- Exhibit exceptional commitment to increasing public scientific awareness
- Demonstrate interaction with other campus activities and events
- Participate in regional and national meetings
The award is presented at the ASBMB annual meeting. The honored chapter will receive an $850 cash prize to support chapter activities, which may include student travel to the ASBMB annual meeting. The faculty adviser will receive a $400 travel award to the ASBMB annual meeting.
Feb. 17, 2017
- All active ASBMB Student Chapters are eligible for this award.
- Applicant must successfully submit an application by Feb. 17, 2017. Applications for this award are submitted through the same online application system as the ASBMB travel awards.
- The application may be submitted on behalf of the chapter by either the chapter's faculty adviser or a student officer.
- No abstract submission is required for this application.
How to apply
The following information is required to complete the online application and can be typed or copied and pasted into the online application form. Each section has a 2,500 character count maximum.
- Chapter-sponsored educational and career events (chapter meetings, workshops, seminars on campus, poster sessions or mini-symposia) with dates, locations and attendance.
- University and community outreach activities with dates, locations and attendance.
- Social activities with dates, locations and attendance.
- Noteworthy accomplishments by the chapter or individual chapter members (research awards, research presentations and recognition of members’ achievements).
- Information about your school: size, location, department information, number of majors, access to regional meetings and any constraints that affect your chapter.
NOTE: If the application includes photos, please review the photo policy and include applicable consent forms in your application.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Outstanding Chapter Award