How to apply for the Student Chapter Outreach Grant
When you are ready to apply, combine the following documents into a single PDF and send to email@example.com:
- Application (see below).
- Institutional W-9 form signed by the appropriate official. Can either be the college or university or the club itself.
- Name and contact information (email, phone and mailing address) for the institutional grant official.
Please use the following format to complete your application:
Cover page (one page max)
- Name of ASBMB Student Chapter
- Name and contact information of faculty sponsor.
- Name and contact information of all undergraduate organizers for the project.
Program overview (250 words max)
- Summary of the Student Chapter's previous experiences with outreach activities (if any), goals and particulars of the current project, intended audience, follow-up plans, etc.
Program justification (two pages max)
- Detailed description of your project, including all of the proposed activities and a list of goals and objectives. Indicate what need your program is filling at your institution and/or local community. Please be specific.
- Statement about your intended target audience, highlighting why you are choosing to focus on this group. Predict the number of participants in your program.
- Timeline of the proposed activities.
- Description of how you will measure the impact and effectiveness of your program. Examples of assessment tools are surveys, interviews, focus groups and classroom observations. For assistance in construction evaluation metrics, please consult the Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education, the Online Evaluation Resource Library and/or the NSF handbook for project evaluation .
- An explanation of how you plan to continue this outreach program in the future.
Budget (one page max)
- Total funds requested.
- Itemized list of requested funds and how they relate to the activities proposed.
- Funds must be used for future activities and cannot be supplied as reimbursement for past events.
- We strongly encourage the budget be used for the purchase of laboratory supplies, reagents, kits and other materials for outreach activities that will clearly benefit the participating audience.
- We discourage the use of funds for refreshments (food, snacks or beverages); travel or transportation exceeding 10% of the requested budget; or T-shirts or any other personal items.