Annual meeting guide
The ASBMB annual meeting offers undergraduates the opportunity to present their research, network with fellow ASBMB members and attend scientific sessions. The meeting is held in conjunction with Experimental Biology.
ASBMB travel award application deadlines
|Nov. 18||Abstract submission (required for all travel award applicants)|
|Nov. 27||Undergraduate faculty travel award|
|Nov. 30||Student Chapters travelaward|
|Feb. 16||Outstanding Chapter Award|
How to submit an abstract to the main meeting
All abstracts, including those from undergraduates, must be submitted through the main EB system by Nov. 14. Authors wishing to participate in the ASBMB meeting should select a 2000-series topic number. Abstracts submitted under other topic numbers will not be programmed by the ASBMB and are not eligible for the Undergraduate Poster Competition.
When submitting your abstract, remember to:
- Select first author and addadditional authors if applicable. Please note: To be eligible for the Undergraduate Poster Competition, undergraduates must be the first author on the abstract, and it must be submitted under an ASBMB topic category (see above).
- Upload abstract text.
- Select presentation preference: oral, poster or indifferent. Please note: You must register separately for the Undergraduate Poster Competition (see below). Selecting poster during the EB abstract submission does not register you for the ASBMB Undergraduate Poster Competition.
How to apply for the Undergraduate Poster Competition
To be eligible for the Undergraduate Poster Competition, you must submit an abstract as the first author to an ASBMB topic category through the main EB system by Nov. 14 (see above) and follow the instructions below.
All undergraduate first authors who submit an abstract to an ASBMB topic category by Nov. 14 will receive an email by December inviting them to apply for the poster competition. Late-breaking abstracts are not eligible for the poster competition. Please note the following instructions:
- Apply using the link provided in the email invitation. Do not share your link.
- Registration is capped and is first come, first served. Apply early to be included.
- You will receive an email notification when your application is received. This is not a registration confirmation.
- If your application is accepted (first come, first served), you will receive a registration confirmation in mid-February with additional information about the competition.
Please note: If you do not receive a registration confirmation by Feb. 28 and are unsure of your registration status, contact email@example.com.
All travel award recipients must apply for and participate in the poster competition. It is the responsibility of the individual travel award recipient to apply for the Undergraduate Poster Competition. If you do not submit an application, you will not receive your travel award.
How to apply for travel awards
To apply for any ASBMB travel award, you must:
- Submit an abstract as the first author to an ASBMB abstract topic category (#2000-2174) by Nov.14.
- Apply for a specific travel award by following the instructions on the annual meeting website (www.asbmb.org/annualmeeting).
ASBMB undergraduate travel award recipients are required to:
- Present a poster during the main meeting (Sunday, Monday or Tuesday).
- Participate in the Undergraduate Poster Competition (Saturday).
Contact information for questions
For poster competition questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For abstract submission questions, contact email@example.com.
For travel awards questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.