The ASBMB Student Chapter Outreach Grant Program is a joint venture between the ASBMB Undergraduate Affiliates Network and Public Outreach Committee (POC), intended to help members of individual chapters increase their involvement in science outreach activities. Funding is available for individual chapters to apply for up to $500 in support of outreach activities in their local community. Successful applicants will also receive exclusive access to outreach expertise and resources from the POC and be featured on the ASBMB website and publications.
Only active ASBMB UAN chapters are eligible to apply.
While there is no one specific type of activity or program that can be supported by these grants, there are several examples of previous or ongoing activities at ASBMB UAN chapters that are appropriate:
The goals of the grant program are to:
- Provide outlets for bringing science to the general public
- Encourage and enhance ASBMB member participation in outreach
- Encourage undergraduates to engage in science outreach
- Help initiate outreach programming in local communities
- Facilitate sustained partnerships between ASBMB UAN chapters and local outreach organizations
- Establish a dedicated national network of outreach organizers and participants
HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS!
There are two deadlines each year:
Applications received after the deadline will be considered for the following grant cycle. Individual chapters are only eligible to apply for one grant each academic year.
Successful applicants will:
List of past recipients
- Identify a legitimate need and intended target audience within the local community for the proposed activity
- Provide an itemized budget for proposed activities
- Submit a summary report that evaluates project/program efficacy and success
- Present their outreach program through an appropriate ASBMB outlet: