The Society's mission is to advance the science of biochemistry and molecular biology and to promote the understanding of the molecular nature of life processes through:
- publication of scientific and educational journals;
- organization of scientific meetings;
- advocacy for funding of basic research and education;
- support of science education at all levels;
- and promoting the diversity of individuals entering the scientific workforce.
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization with over 12,000 members.
Founded in 1906, the Society is based in Rockville, Maryland and publishes the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Molecular & Cellular Proteomics and the Journal of Lipid Research.
Advocacy and Public Affairs
Science Education and Career Development