Undergraduate Faculty Travel Award
Read all criteria prior to submitting an application
The ASBMB will competitively award travel funding of up to $500.00 to assist Undergraduate Faculty presenting research at the ASBMB Annual Meeting.
- Applicant must successfully submit an abstract as first/presenting author to an ASBMB topic category #2000-2390, by the November 6th abstract deadline. Abstracts submitted to other sponsoring societies and late-breaking abstracts Do Not qualify.
- Preference will be given to faculty advisors of ASBMB Undergraduate Affiliate Network (UAN) member institutions. To qualify as a member, membership dues must be paid in full for the billing cycle which includes the Annual Meeting (Jan-Dec, 2015) prior to application submission. Click here to find out more about the UAN and how to join. Member status is verified and tagged to the application at login to the travel award application site.
The following documents must be uploaded at the time of application submission as PDF files.
See Travel Award Instructions for instructions on formatting and labeling supporting documents.
- Abstract - copy of your successfully submitted abstract as first/presenting author to an ASBMB topic category #2000-2390. Applicant must be the first/presenting author of an abstract submission that is unique from any other student abstract submissions
- Course List of courses you teach and description of the student population
- Meeting Attendance Objectives, a 1-2 page statement explaining your objectives in attending the meeting and describing your plans for achieving these objectives once you return to your institution
HOW TO APPLY:
Read the Travel Award Instructions and follow the link at the end of the instructions page.
POSTER COMPETITION JUDGES – sign up and event details coming soon!
Volunteer Poster Competition Judges needed. No special weight will be given to any travel award application regardless of whether or not an applicant volunteers to serve as a jud