Share your science, and see colleagues!
If you’re an ASBMB Lipid Research Division member, let us know about the events at which you’ll be presenting or ones you’re excited about. Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 28-August 2, 2019
FASEB Conference | The lysophospholipid and related mediators conference: from bench to clinic
The organizers write, “The main themes of this conference are:
1) Identify specific roles for S1P and LPA, and other lysolipids in multiple disease states;
2) Define common links in lysophospholipid biology that will lead to collaboration and enable translation of current research into improvements in human health;
3) Explore disease biomarkers specifically linked with LPA/S1P receptor-mediated response that will lead to development of novel lysophospholipid-targeted therapeutics.”
Learn more here.
July 28–Aug. 2, 2019
Gordon Research Conference | Spatiotemporal regulation of the lipidome
(Waterville Valley, N.H.)
The meeting, held in conjunction with the research seminar above, is chaired by LRD members Todd Graham and Dan Raben. Among the other LRD members planning to present are:
- Anant Menon (Cornell University)
- Lina Obeid (Stony Brook University)
- Suzanne Jackowski (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital)
- Binks Wattenberg (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Rotonya Carr (University of Pennsylvania)
- Yusuf Hannun (Stony Brook University)
- Vytas Bankaitis (Texas A&M Health Science Center)
- Edward Dennis (University of California, San Diego)
- Robert Stahelin (Purdue University)
- Will Prinz (National Institutes of Health)
- Judith Storch (Rutgers University)
- Russell Debose-Boyd (University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center)
- Miriam Greenberg (Wayne State University)
- Saskia Neher (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
- Howard Riezman (University of Geneva)
It’s sure to be a scientifically stimulating week and a great opportunity for networking. Learn more here.
August 12-14, 2019
This meeting, which focuses on lipid, bile acid and lipoprotein metabolism and their disorders, was named in honor of its first organizer, Fred Kern, Jr. Registration is open now. Learn more here.
August 11-16, 2019
Gordon Research Conference | Insights into skin barrier function from in silico models to in vivo pathology
(Waterville Valley, N.H.)
Topics include skin barrier modeling in silico and in vitro, topical drug delivery, and changes to the epidermal barrier in disease.
September 27, 2019
Big Ten Academic Alliance |Big Ten Lipids Symposium
This regional meeting will bring together lipid investigators and trainees from large state universities across the Midwest and East Coast. You can find the program here.
September 30-October 2, 2019
GERLI 15th International Lipidomics Meeting |Biodiversity of Lipid Species: Benefit for nutrition and effects on health
Early-bird registration is available through August 5. You can find the scientific program here.
October 20–23, 2019
Eicosanoid Research Foundation | Bioactive lipids in cancer, inflammation and related diseases
(St. Petersburg, Fla.)
You can submit an abstract for a poster or oral presentation until August 16, 2019.
November 6-8, 2019
Southeast Regional Lipid Conference
This year’s keynote speakers are LRD member Rosalind Coleman of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Richard Kolesnick of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Abstract submission is open through September 12. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged to submit abstracts.
November 19-22, 2019
Asian Oceanian Symposium on Plant Lipids
Learn more here.
December 12-14, 2019
Lipid Meeting Leipzing
The twenty-first annual Lipid Meeting Leipzig will be held in December. The deadline for abstract submission is September 1. Learn more here.
March 3-6, 2020
The Deuel Conference in Lipids: Fat in Liver and Beyond
This year’s Deuel conference is organized by LRD members Jay Horton and Alan Tall. Confirmed speakers include Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, Helen Hobbs and Morris Birnbaum.
March 1-4, 2020
Five ASBMB members, including Kathryn Moore, a former editor at the Journal of Lipid Research, will present at this conference. Abstracts for oral presentations must be submitted by September 22.
April 4-7, 2020
(San Diego, California)
Fast-track abstract submission will open in September! Any abstract submitted before October 15 is guaranteed a decision within two weeks. International researchers are encouraged to participate and get an early start on the visa process.
June 24-26, 2020
This biennial workshop is focused on bioactive lipid mediators. Plenary lectures will be given by Bengt Samuelsson of the Karolinska Instituet and Garret Fitzgerald of the University of Pennsylvania.