Start or renew a chapter
Chapter applications and renewals for the 2016-17 school year will be accepted starting September 1, 2016. Chapters can renew at any time. Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Instructions for using the application/renewal system
Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Partnership program
Dues are $100 per year per chapter and cover the first 10 students. Additional student members may join the chapter throughout the year, and dues are $10 each.
- All chapters must be sponsored by a faculty adviser who is an active regular member of the ASBMB. This adviser will be the primary contact for the chapter's activities.
- A minimum of five students is required to receive full chapter benefits.
- Create a chapter organizational structure. We recommend you elect chapter leaders (e.g. president, secretary, treasurer) to share responsibilities
- Recruit new members
- Organize science outreach activities
- Work with other chapters in your region to organize regional meetings
- Attend the ASBMB annual meeting if possible
- Contribute to the ASBMB undergraduate blog, The Substrate
- Support student activities within the chapter
- Serve as a mentor for students
- Share new chapter activities with regional directors or through the Student Chapters Facebook page and The Substrate
- Encourage submission of applications for ASBMB scholarships and awards
Individual students interested in Student Chapters
If you are interested in starting a chapter at your institution or are wondering whether your institution already has a chapter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.