Enter the ASBMB Poster Competition!
You are invited to participate in the 13th Annual ASBMB Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition on Saturday, April 18, 2009.
Prizes will be awarded to students making the best poster presentations at the competition.
The competition is a great opportunity to meet fellow undergraduate attendees and make friends and contacts before the meeting even starts.
Refreshments will be served during the competition’s networking break where students can visit with prospective Graduate School representatives.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1. You must sign up for the competition when submitting your ASBMB Annual Meeting abstract on line by the November 5, 2008 abstract deadline.
2. First author must be identified as an Undergraduate Student and you must submit the abstract to an ASBMB Topic Category to be eligible to participate.
3. IMPORTANT: Check the ASBMB Undergraduate Student Poster Competition check box. The check box appears following your selection of an ASBMB Topic Category.
4. If you did not check the Poster Competition box, or did not select an ASBMB topic category, return to the abstract submission site prior to the November 5, 2008 abstract submission deadline and select the option to ‘Edit’ your abstract. Select the tab for “Other Information” and check the Poster Competition box. Scroll to the bottom of the page to ‘Save and Continue.’ Review your abstract to complete and update your competition participation status.
5. All communication regarding this Competition will be sent to the email address provided with the abstract submission.
POSTER COMPETITION RULES:
IMPORTANT: Posters must be on display for the entire competition. Participants must be present for the entire competition in order to be eligible for cash prizes. Poster manning times and poster board numbers will be assigned at check in the day of the competition.
Participant must be the first author of the abstract. No ‘co-first authors’ permitted.
Abstracts must be submitted to an ASBMB Topic Category, per the instructions above.
View the list of 2009 ASBMB Topic Categories
Abstracts submitted to other societies’ topic categories are not eligible to participate in this competition.
Abstracts must be ‘successfully submitted,’ by the Abstract Submission Deadline. ‘Incomplete’ and ‘pending’ status abstracts will not be accepted.
Late-Breaking abstracts will be accepted on a space available basis only.
Participant must be an undergraduate. (December, 2008 and Spring 2009 graduates are eligible to participate in the 2009 Competition.)
IMPORTANT: All poster competition participants will present the same poster two times during the meeting, once at the Poster Competition and a second time during the main meeting (April 19-22). The exact day and time of your second poster presentation will be emailed to you in early February, 2009.
Undergraduate students receive free meeting registration which is available on-site only.
To avoid delays, plan to arrive at the Experimental Biology main registration area in the Convention Center lobby Friday afternoon (beginning at 1:00 PM) or early on Saturday morning (beginning at 7:00 AM).
IMPORTANT: Participants should consider airline schedules to insure an on time arrival for the Poster Competition.
POSTER COMPETITION AWARDS PRESENTATION:
Awards will be presented in a ceremony scheduled on Sunday, April 19, 2009, at the ASBMB Award for Exemplary Contributions to Education Lecture, beginning at 12:30 PM, in Room 350. All poster competition participants, not scheduled to present their posters in the main meeting during this time, and their mentors are expected to attend.
Volunteer judges are needed to assist in judging the competition posters. Undergraduate faculty members in particular are encouraged to participate.
Click here for more information and to sign up.
Attention Graduate Program Exhibitors!
Sign up to exhibit during the Poster Competition and recruit your future Biochemists and Molecular Biologists
Click here and sign up by March 13, 2009!
13th Annual ASBMB
Research Poster Competition
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center,
New Orleans, LA
Judge's Check In and Orientation
12:30 PM – 12:55 PM
Participants Check In &
Poster Set Up
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Poster Competition & Judging
Sunday, April 19, 2009
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Competition Awards Presentation
At the ASBMB Award for Exemplary Contributions to Education Lecture
Email questions to:
Graduate Program Exhibitors