Kentucky Wesleyan College, May 31, 2014
This workshop is designed to increase participant knowledge and use of student assessment techniques around the pre-identified biochemistry and molecular biology foundational concepts and skills and to actively engage participants in creating assessment tools and best practices. This workshop is open to all undergraduate faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students interested in undergraduate science education.
Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro, KY
Workshop organizers and facilitators:
8:30 AM, Saturday, May 31, 2014
Rogers Hall, Winchester Campus Community Center (#3 on campus map)
- Trevor Anderson, Associate Professor of Chemical Education, Purdue University
- Marilee Benore, Professor of Biochemistry and Biology, University of Michigan – Dearborn
- Paula Dehn, Vice President of Academic Affairs & Dean, KWC
- Evelyn Hiatt, Associate Professor of Biology & Chair of Natrual Sciences and Mathematics Division, KWC
- John Tansey, Associate Professor of Chemistry, Otterbein University
- Ann Wright, Professor of Biology, Canisius College
- Trevor Anderson, "Understanding and Visualizing Biochemistry: More than a List of Concepts"
For a list of local hotels near campus, please visit www.kwc.edu/page.php?page=940
A limited number of stipends, $100 each, are available to help defray the cost of participant lodging. These stipends are provided based on need. You must be registered for the workshop in order to qualify. Please inquire with Weiyi Zhao
For driving directions and a campus map, please visit www.kwc.edu/page.php?page=940
Registration for this workshop has closed. If you are interested in attending this workshop, please contact Weiyi Zhao, ASBMB.