FASEB EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE AWARD - 2014
~ CALL FOR NOMINATIONS ~
FASEB is seeking nominations for its 2014 Excellence in Science Award that recognizes the significant accomplishments of women scientists. We look forward to another list of nominees that reads like a ‘Who’s Who’ of international science, containing the names of outstanding women in science who have accomplished scientific work of lasting impact and have contributed substantially to training the next generation of scientists.
Nominations must be submitted on the FASEB award website by March 1, 2013.
PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Nominators and their candidates must be members of a FASEB member society. Self-nominations will not be accepted. All nominations must be submitted on the FASEB Excellence in Science Award website. Access to the site will be available as of January 1, 2013 by clicking this LINK.
Submissions must include all of the following documents that are to be uploaded individually in PDF format.
1. Nomination Letter, setting forth in detail:
· Contributions to the field that represents the nominee’s outstanding achievement in science;
· Leadership and mentorship;
· Evidence of national recognition;
· Honors and awards; and
· Synopsis of selected bibliography
2. Full Curriculum Vitae - including all publications
· The C.V. must document all publications, leadership roles, mentorship, teaching, honors, and awards
· 5 Reprints
· 3 Letters of Support from Peers
· 3 Trainee Letters of Recommendation
The Excellence in Science Award is sponsored solely by FASEB to recognize outstanding achievement by women in biological science. All women who are members of one or more of the societies of FASEB will be eligible for nomination. Nominations recognize a woman whose career achievements have contributed significantly to further our understanding of a particular discipline by excellence in research.
This announcement for the 2014 season is being e-mailed to FASEB member societies with their permission.
For complete award details go to:
~ NOMINATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2013 ~
For questions, please contact:
Senior Executive Assistant
Board and Committee Administrator
Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-3998
Tel. (301) 634-7092