Looking to learn tricks on how to share your science in an internet 2.0 world? Need practice with communicating your science to non-experts? Just like beer? Then join us on Monday April 23 from 7:30 to 9:30 PM at the Mission Brewery in downtown San Diego for Brewing Science, an informal “Tweet and Meet” blend of scientists, communicators and concerned constituents.
Scientists, bloggers, reporters, industry professionals, public speaking experts, congressional staffers and beer lovers will all talk science over an assortment of microbrews. Among the expected participants are:
- Cara Santa Maria, @carasantamaria: Huffington Post science correspondent
- Heather Doran, @hapsci: the official meeting blogger for ASBMB
- David Despain, @daviddespain: science writer
- Scicurious, @scicurious: the official meeting blogger for The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Donna Krupa, @phyziochick: Communications Director, American Physiological Society
- Kelly Warren: science writer
- Geoff Hunt, @GoodbyeShoe: outreach coordinator for ASBMB
- Angela Hopp, @angelahopp: editor for ASBMB Today
Interested in attending?
Don’t miss this opportunity to practice your communication skills in a relaxed, informal setting! You’ll get to hear tips from communication experts on how to talk about science in the most effective manner, while also sharing your cutting-edge research outside of the stuffy confines of a professional meeting.
ASBMB/Biochemistry EB2012 attendees: Click here to register!
San Diego Biotechnology Network, Non-EB attendees: Registration coming soon!
When: Monday, April 23, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Where: Mission Brewery, 1441 L Street, San Diego
Get ready for the event by tweeting your questions about science communication to us at #EB2012tweetup.
Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/asbmb) and Twitter (@asbmb and @Comprendia) to find out more!