The ASBMB will be hosting a 2-day workshop, Implementing Vision & Change Using Concept-Driven Teaching Strategies, at Seattle University as part of the ASBMB Student-Centered Education in the Molecular Life Sciences special symposia.
The goals of this workshop are:
- Present learning goals and learning objectives identified for BMB foundational concepts, skills, and allied fields.
- Collaborate with attendees to identify assessments and best practices for learning strategies that are appropriately aligned with the above goals and objectives.
- Seek attendee input regarding important elements to include in a BMB educator toolkit.
- Gather attendee feedback regarding the workshop overall, to inform future efforts.
Through this workshop, we invite the attendees to:
- Collaboratively develop assessments – with consistent scoring rubrics – that are aligned with given learning objectives for concepts, skills, and allied fields.
- Collaboratively develop best practices for learning strategies that are aligned with given learning objectives for concepts, skills, and allied fields.
- Provide input on development of a BMB educator toolkit.
- Provide feedback on the overall workshop experience.
Complete Workshop Program