October 18, 2012 -- Join ASBMB members and other biochemistry and molecular biology faculty for a workshop on student assessments at Purdue University on Saturday, November 3, 2012 . The workshop, titled “Assessment of Students - Reasoning with Core Concepts and Visualizations in Biochemistry”, will be led by J. Ellis Bell and Trevor Anderson who will deliver the plenary on “The Design and Mixed Mode Validation of Assessment for Students' Reasoning and Visualization in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology".
The full workshop team of facilitators will include:
- Hal White, Co-PI on ASBMB-RCN grant, Director, HHMI Undergraduate Program, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware
- Trevor Anderson, Visualization in Biochemistry Education (VIBE) Research Group, Divisions of Chemical Education and Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University
- Nancy Pelaez, Purdue International Biology Education Research Group (PIBERG), Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University
- Ellis Bell, PI on ASBMB-RCN grant, Laboratory for Structural Biology, Biophysics & Bioinformatics, Department of Chemistry: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Program, University of Richmond
- Cheryl Bailey, Senior Program Officer, HHMI
This workshop is funded by a RCN-UBE grant from the NSF. Registration for this workshop is free. For more information and to register, go to our Upcoming Meetings page.