June 27 – 29, 2013, Washington, D.C.
This workshop is designed to help early career scientists and senior postdoctoral scholars write winning research proposals to the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Lectures on grant-writing and grantsmanship
- Opportunities for participants to give presentations of their ideas for funding to expert reviewers and receive detailed and honest feedback
- Mock grant review panels
- Case-studies and small group discussions
- Early career faculty
- Senior postdoctoral fellows
- Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging. The ASBMB will cover all onsite costs, including group meals.
- Vahe Bandarian (University of Arizona)
- Ruma Banerjee (University of Michigan Ann Arbor)
- Squire J. Booker (Penn State)
- Wilfredo Colon (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Reuben Peters (Iowa State University)
- Marion Sewer (UCSD)
- James Stivers (Johns Hopkins School of Medicine)
- Takita Felder Sumter (Winthrop University)
- David Wilson (SACNAS)
- Sarah Woodson (Johns Hopkins University)