18th Annual ASBMB Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition Information for Judges
- Volunteer judges are needed to assist in judging the competition posters on Saturday, April 26, 2014.
- Undergraduate faculty, primary investigators, industry and government professionals are requested and encouraged to participate.
- Graduate and postdoc trainees interested in participating are encouraged to visit with students at their posters.
- Judges will not be assigned posters of students from their own institution.
- Judges will attend an orientation/luncheon session beginning at 11:30 AM, on Saturday, April 26, 2014.
- Lunch will be served to judges during the orientation session.
- Location of the orientation within the San Diego Convention Center will be communicated to judges with event logistics.
- Confirm prior to signing up that your travel schedule on Saturday, April 26, 2014 will permit timely arrival at the orientation (11:30 AM) and attendance during the entire competition.
- Judging typically concludes by 5:30 PM.
- Registration for the Experimental Biology EB2014 Meeting is required to access the Convention Center.
Awards will be presented in a ceremony scheduled on Sunday, April 27, 2014, at the ASBMB Award for Exemplary Contributions to Education Lecture, beginning at 12:30 PM. All poster competition judges, participants, and mentors, not scheduled to present their posters in the main meeting during this time, are requested to attend.
Unavoidably, some poster presentations for the main meeting will be scheduled in conflict with the awards ceremony. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Thank you to all of our 2014 volunteer judges!