Undergraduate Affiliate Network (UAN) Travel Award
Application Deadline for this award ONLY: January 31.
Each UAN travel award provides up to $400 to support a designated UAN student chapter member to present his/her research at the ASBMB Annual Meeting.
UAN travel awards are divided into two categories:
1) regional meeting travel awards
2) non-competitive travel awards
You must be your chapter's designated UAN Travel Award recipient or winner of a Regional Meeting poster competition to apply.
If you are unsure, check with your UAN faculty advisor. If your faculty advisor has questions, please ask him/her to contact email@example.com.
- Must be a member of an ACTIVE UAN chapter
- Must be an undergraduate at the time of the ASBMB Annual Meeting
- Must be a student designated by your UAN chapter advisor to receive your chapter's $400 non-competitive travel award or
- Must have attended a UAN sponsored regional undergraduate research symposium and won a travel award during the event
- Award designate/recipient must be the first author of an abstract submitted to an ASBMB topic category #2000-2427, by the November 8, abstract submission deadline. Late-breaking abstracts are not eligible for ASBMB awards.
- UAN Designate Travel Award and UAN Regional Meeting Award criteria: Learn more
- Copy of abstract submitted as first author to an ASBMB topic category, must be uploaded in .pdf format. All other file formats must be converted to .pdf.
REQUIRED EVENT PARTICIPATION
Your abstract will be presented twice at the meeting:
1) Participation in the ASBMB 18th Annual Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition, on Saturday, is mandatory for all travel award recipients. Poster competition RSVPs will be emailed in mid-January to all undergraduate First Authors of abstracts submitted to ASBMB topic categories #2000-2427. You cannot sign up for the poster competition until you receive your invitation. Invitations will be emailed to the address provided when you set up your log-in at the Experimental Biology abstract submission site.
2) Your abstract will be presented during the main EB Meeting on Sun, Mon or Tues. Programming notifications will be sent in February.
HOW TO APPLY:
Student applicant/designate (not advisor) must login with student's member email and password to complete the application. Read the Submission Instructions and follow the link at the end of the instructions page.
Submission Instructions Award Notification Reimbursement Policy