What is a Germ? Challenge Instructions
Submit your entry to email@example.com
In conjunction with the Cambridge Science Festival, ASBMB invites you to submit your best explanation for answering the question, “What is a germ?”
We want you to frame your response so that an elementary school student can understand it. Why?
Because they are the ones who will be judging you! Schools from the greater Boston area will be grading the entries and letting our participants know which ones they like best.
The best part: finalists will be invited to present their submissions before a LIVE audience during the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival’s Curiosity Challenge on Sunday April 21!* Step up to the challenge!
DEADLINE IS MARCH 25, 2013
1. The Challenge is open to everyone.
2. Only one (1) entry allowed per person.
3. There is no right or wrong type of submission.
4. Submissions can come in any format: written, audio, pictorial, visual, etc.
5. There is no size or length limit.
6. Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Upon submission, you are authorizing ASBMB to distribute and post your entry at ASBMB’s discretion.
8. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT OWN THE COPYRIGHT!
1. Entries will be distributed to participating classrooms in the Boston area.
2. Each entry will be scored by a minimum of three (3) separate classrooms.
3. Scoring will be done by students and tabulated by teachers.
4. The top five (5) scoring entries will be recognized as finalists.
NOTIFICATION AND AWARD PRESENTATION
1. Participants will be notified of their entry’s status in advance of Experimental Biology, EB2013.
2. Finalists’ ceremony will be held during the Cambridge Science Festival’s Curiosity Challenge (SUNDAY APRIL 21, 2013 AT 11 AM).
3. PARTICIPANTS CHOSEN AS FINALISTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE PRESENT FOR THE FINALISTS CEREMONY.
4. All finalists are responsible for their travel to/from Boston for the Experimental Biology Meeting, EB2013. ASBMB will arrange for finalists return transportation between the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and the Curiosity Challenge on Sunday, April 21, 2013.
Submit your entry to email@example.com DEADLINE IS MARCH 25, 2013
Need some inspiration? Check out entries from the finalists for the original “Flame Challenge”: http://flamechallenge.org/*
* Thanks to the SUNY-Stonybrook Center for Communicating Science for inspiration and advice!