ASBMB Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition
The ASBMB Undergraduate Student Research Poster Competition will be held Saturday, April 20, 2013 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, BCEC!
IMPORTANT: All poster competition participants will present the same poster two times during the ASBMB Annual Meeting: 1) Poster Competition on Saturday, and 2) Main EB Meeting (April 22-25). The exact day and time of your second poster presentation will be emailed to you in early February.
Poster Competition Rules
- Posters must remain on display from 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM, NO Exceptions.
- Participants must be present for the entirety of the scheduled competition and actively participate even when not manning/presenting his/her poster.
You can view and ask questions about other students' posters, visit UAN Activity Posters and engage graduate program representatives when you are not manning your poster.
- Poster manning times and poster board numbers will be assigned at check-in the day of the competition.
- First author status on the abstract submission must be identified as an 'Undergraduate Student," in order to receive an invitation to compete.
- Each participant must be the first author of a unique abstract submission. Only the first author listed on the abstract can compete. NO ‘co-first authors’ permitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted to an ASBMB topic category, those with a #2000-2408 and ASBMB designation. View the list of qualifying 2013 ASBMB topic categories.
If you need to edit your topic category selection, you may do so until the November 13 deadline by logging into the abstract site as a returning user.
Be sure to follow all system prompts to completely review and save any changes.
- Late breaking abstracts and abstracts submitted to other societies’ topic categories are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Abstracts must be ‘successfully submitted,’ by the November 8th Abstract Submission Deadline.
‘Incomplete’ and ‘pending’ status abstracts will not be invited or programmed for presentation.
- Undergraduate authors of late-breaking abstracts are welcome to attend the event, but cannot compete/present.
- Participant must be an undergraduate.
(December, 2012 graduates that have not already enrolled in a Graduate Program and Spring 2013 graduates are eligible to participate in the competition.)
Undergraduate students receive free meeting registration. New for 2013, undergraduate students will have access to advance on-line meeting registration. Onsite verification of undergraduate student status is required as described on the EB2013 Meeting Registration site. Registration opens at 7:00 am on Saturday, April 20, 2013.
IMPORTANT: Participants should consider airline schedules to insure an on time arrival for the Poster Competition.
Awards will be presented in a ceremony scheduled on Sunday, April 21, 2013, at the ASBMB Award for Exemplary Contributions to Education Lecture, beginning at 12:30 PM.
Check the program for the location within the Convention Center.
Some posters will unavoidably be scheduled for presentation during the main meeting in conflict with the Awards Ceremony. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. All poster competition participants, not scheduled to present their posters in the main meeting during this time, and their mentors are expected to attend.
Download a copy of the 2013 Poster Competition Judging Rubric