CALGARY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Calgary International Airport (YYC) is the major airport located approximately 90 minutes from the Banff Centre. Calgary International is home to Air Canada (Official Symposium Airline) along with more than 20 airlines servicing the airport including American Airlines, British Airways, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Lufthansa, Mexicana, U.S. Airways and United Airlines. Click here for a complete list of airlines and contact information. To learn more about clearing customs, click here.
|| Air Canada is the Official Canadian Airline for the Symposium.
Book your flight on aircanada.com to receive a 10% discount on your flight.
The discount is available for the first 200 passengers.
Enter the promotional code: NQNXZ9C1 in the search panel at aircanada.com.
- Booking must be made to Calgary, YCC (AB)
- The travel period must be between Tuesday, August 28, 2012 and Sunday, September 16, 2012.
Let Banff Airporter take care of your transportation needs with convenient, affordable shuttle service between Calgary International Airport and the Banff Centre.
| Comfort: Reclining Seats with Ample leg-room and bottled water on board, plug-ins for your laptop and individual AC and heat controls.
Frequent: Multiple daily departures to and from the Calgary International Airport accommodates people flying throughout the day.
Reliable: If you experience a flight delay, you will be accommodated on the next available departure, free of charge.
Convenient: Your luggage is preloaded at The Calgary International Airport and service is door-to-door to the Banff Centre.
| Click to Book Now!
ONE WAY ROUND TRIP
Adult $48.88 CAN $97.72 CAN
Child (5 - 12) $28.75 CAN $57.50 CAN
* Price Includes 5% GST
** Traveling with an infant or young child ages 0 - 5? The Banff Airporter provides complimentary travel, however to make this arrangement your are required to contact them directly by calling 1-888-449-2901 (ext. 1).
*** If scheduled times do not work for your flight or if you would prefer to arrange for a private sedan, Contact Banff Sedan by email at email@example.com or by calling 1.888.449.2901.
When you arrive: Check-in at the Banff Airporter® Tour Desk, located on the Main Arrivals Level. AREA “C” between exit doors 6 & 7 at International Arrivals.
The Rental Car Centre is located on the departures level across the roadway from the main terminal building. The center includes the following companies: Avis, Budget, Dollar/ Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo. Learn more about Car Rentals.
Directions From Calgary International Airport to the Banff Centre (~90 min)
The route is well-signed and the trip from the Calgary International Airport to Banff takes approximately 90 minutes.
- Depart airport terminal. At first traffic light, turn left heading north on Barlow Trail NE.
- At the next traffic light turn left (west) onto Airport Trail NE (signs for Highway 2/City Centre).
- Take the ramp onto Highway 2 North (Deerfoot Trail).
- Take second Exit onto Stoney Trail West. Travel for ~ 10 min. 1 km after the only traffic light head west on the Trans-Canada Highway 1.
- You will have to stop at the Banff National Park gates and purchase a pass for the duration of your stay in the National Parks.
- Take first exit to Banff Town site and follow Banff ave into the town centre. Near the end of the town centre, turn left on Buffalo St. After about 1 km, turn left at the sign indicating the Professional Development Centre (This is the hotel.)
Click HERE for more information on travel and parking at the Banff Centre.
Travel Tips & Information
The "Canadian Dollar" is the official currency. It is often called the "loonie" (because of the loon depicted on our one-dollar coin). The two-dollar coin is a "toonie." Many venues accept American dollars, but you will likely receive a better exchange rate by using a credit card or by using your bank card to withdraw Canadian cash from an ATM.
You can expect a 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applied to most purchases including restaurant meals, transportation, lodging, and admissions. Additionally, a 4% lodging tax is applied to rooms.
Falls are short with the first frost typically coming in mid-September. The snow flies as early as September, but generally doesn't stay on the ground until November. Temperatures will typically range from 66 oF (17 oC) to 38 oF ( 3 oC). Click for Current Temperatures.
TRAVEL GUIDES & HELPFUL LINKS