The following opportunities are available:
- ASBMB Graduate & Post Doctoral Fellow Travel Awards
- Selected Short Talk Speaker Funding
- Minority Travel Awards (managed by the FASEB MARC Office)
- Best Poster Awards
ASBMB Graduate & post doctoral fellow travel grants
DEADLINE: Friday, March 30, 2012
AWARD AMOUNT: Based on financial need
NOTIFICATION: will be sent in mid-April
1. Submit an abstract to present at the meeting by Wednesday, March 28, 2012
2. Complete the Grant Application by Friday, March 30, 2012
You will be asked to answer the following short answer questions about your research, future career goals, motivation for attending the meeting and your financial need.
3. If selected for an award, you will be required to attend the meeting and present your research as a poster (you may also be selected for a short talk).
4. At the conclusion of the meeting you will be required to submit an ASBMB's travel reimbursement form to receive your funds. Additional information on this process will be provided if you are selected for the award.
Selected short talk funding
DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 28, 2012
AWARD AMOUNT: Meeting Registration Reimbursement
NOTIFICATION: will be sent mid-April
1. Submit an abstract to present at the meeting by Wednesday, March 28, 2012. Choose the "Oral" presentation preference.
2. Register for the meeting. Those selected for short talks will be eligible to receive funding.
3. Funding will be paid as a reimbursement following the conclusion of the meeting. Each selected speaker is required to submit ASBMB's travel reimbursement form to receive your funds. Additional information on this process will be provided if you are selected for the award.
ASBMB best poster awards
DEADLINE: Abstract must be submitted by Wednesday, March 28, 2012
AWARD AMOUNT: $200
NUMBER OF AWARDS: up to 5 awards
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) will present up to five $200 "Best Poster" awards. All poster presenters will be eligible to compete for the poster awards. Awardees will be acknowledged during the meeting and presented with their award and certificate. Click to Submit Abstract .
Minority travel awards
DEADLINE: May 16, 2012
DESCRIPTION: Travel awards are available through the FASEB MARC office to support and encourage the participation of minority scientists attending the symposim. The travel awards are available for faculty scientists, post doctorates and advanced graduate students from underrepresented groups in teh biomedical and behavioral sciences. These groups include but are not limited to: African Americans, Alaskan Natives, Hispanic Americans, American Indians/ Native Americans who maintain tribal affiliation of community attachement, and Natives of the USA Pacific Islands (Guam, Hawaii and American Samoa only).
TYPES OF AWARDS: There are two types of travel awards available (designated with the MARC logo).
1. Faculty/ Mentors and Student Travel Awards
2. Poster/ Platform (Oral) Presenter Travel Awards.
Click to Learn More and apply for an award.